BC, New Westminster- Marketing Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs)
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset.
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, British Columbia is the province’s leading provider of professional vision rehabilitation therapy. Our professionally certified VLR BC specialists continue to set global standards for expertise, training and professionalism in the field.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572.
Date: Sept 20, 2021
Term: Temporary - 16 weeks – (17 hrs/week)
Location: New Westminster, BC
This funded position through Service Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs Program will afford youth between the ages of 15 to 30 year of age the opportunity to assist VLRC staff in service delivery and office support.
VLRC is looking for an Energetic Dynamic individual who will work with our team to support the development of new communications strategy.
Your impact at VLRC:
- Updating doctor contact spreadsheet.
- Assisting with Brand Awareness:
- evaluation of current strategy and materials.
- Developing and editing Healthcare marketing materials.
- Conducting research through social media.
- Get quotes/testimonials from clients and staff.
- Create/update Staff bios.
- Providing general office and administration duties:
- Branded clothing/swag for staff events.
- Branding VLRC equipment with property of VLR’ stickers Cost for pamphlets in other languages.
- Researching the cost for pamphlets in other languages.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Providing Support to Special projects.
- Completing evaluation at the end of placement to provide feedback on experience and provide a detailed report on activities and projects completed.
Who you are:
- Someone with excellent computer skills.
- You are Professional, articulate, confident presenter.
- You have superior interpersonal skills, excellent public speaking and writing skills, and effective communicator among a diverse audience.
- You are comfortable to work as part of a team and/or independently.
- You have strong research, analytical, and organizational skills.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum two years post-secondary education preferably in business or marketing.
- Previous experience with individuals with vision loss preferred.
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to: Susan Elsey@vlrehab.ca. Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity
Our diversity is our strength – we take pride in our inclusive workplace. VLRC is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. VLRC is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. We are excited to review your application!
Closing Date for Applications: Oct 3, 2021
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in VLRC, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.