Executive Director Healthcare Operations Western Canada-BC
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset?
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada is a unique health services organization that serves people who are blind or partially sighted across the country. Our certified specialists provide training that empowers clients to develop or to restore activities of daily living skills, to promote their independence, to enhance safety and mobility. We work closely with ophthalmologists, optometrists and other health care professionals, by providing essential care on a referral basis in homes, workplaces and communities across the country.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572.
Position Title: Executive Director, Healthcare Operations Western Canada
Location: Vancouver or Edmonton, BC
Reports To: Vice President, Healthcare Operations for Western Canada
Date: October 13, 2021
Reporting to the Vice President, Healthcare Operations, the Executive Director, Healthcare Operations for Western Canada will play a critical role in enhancing and optimizing service delivery, revenue generation and stakeholder management. You will be tasked with developing budgets and leading the implementation of annual operating plans. As a member of the Executive Management Team, you will lead teams across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories, and support the implementation of Canada wide strategic initiatives.
Scope and Primary Responsibilities
- Lead and provide operational oversight for the Western Region, to develop effective metrics and key performance indicators for the region so that successes can be effectively communicated to key stakeholders such as the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and government funders. Operational standards should be regularly monitored and viewed from a continuous improvement lens to respond to changing conditions in the marketplace to ensure the highest efficiency and competency
- Make evidence based and data driven decisions in all matters related to finance, operations, and human resources. Champion change through effective communication and change management strategies
- Consult with the Vice President, Healthcare Operations on issues that pose risk to the organization, workforce intricacies, or financial commitments beyond approved authority
- Review monthly and quarterly financial statements to account for budget deviations, and prepare strategic action to address budget shortfalls or gaps in revenues, salaries, or operating expenses
- Provide clear direction to Provincial Managers on business goals and priorities to ensure optimal deployment of resources, day to day operations, and service delivery
- Identify training and development needs or succession opportunities of provincial VLR staff and management, and provide recommendations to the ELT
- Ensure all regional VLR managers and staff adhere to national standards to protect the privacy of client files. Ensure that the Western region is compliant with VLRC policies and legislative obligations
Government and Stakeholder Relations:
- Cultivate relationships with provincial funding ministry officials to ensure contractual obligations for provincially funded services are met and reports are submitted as required per contract deadlines
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Healthcare Innovation operations to engage with ministry officials and health care leaders to keep them informed about the organization’s priorities and achievements
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of policy issues and their impacts to provide counsel on policies and regulatory requirement to the Vice President. Support advocacy efforts for the province including where funding gaps exist in VLRC.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Provincial Managers, with a strong focus on client experience and organizational values; and provide strategies to drive both the work of healthcare operations and staff advancement
- Foster cohesiveness between various business units within the provinces and represent the needs of Western provinces/territories to the ELT when operational decisions are being made
- Execute autonomous decisions that are aligned to the general guidance of National/Provincial guidelines and standards, and in accordance with approved regional budgets and operational plans. Direct provincial VLRC activities in accordance with organization policies, objectives and the VLRC National Strategic Plan
- You share our passion for our mission and are dedicated to making our communities better places for people who are blind or partially sighted
- You can demonstrate a track record of implementing services and maintaining operational excellence while providing exceptional customer service
- You are highly analytical and can demonstrate strong judgement and business acumen around budget management, performance management, change management and strategic planning
- You can maintain composure in the face of adversity and effectively manage multiple priorities and stakeholders in a changing environment
- You possess sound knowledge of the not-for-profit and community services sectors. It is an asset if you have experience with vision loss
- You are digitally dexterous and proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- You have 5+ years in a senior level management role, and posses relevant post-secondary education
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity
VLRC is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We're excited to review your application
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in VLRC, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Closing Date for Applications: October 27, 2021.