ON, Hamilton, Registrar
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people's lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest asset?
Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada is a unique health services organization that serves people who are blind or partially sighted across the country. Our certified specialists provide training that empowers clients to develop or to restore activities of daily living skills, to promote their independence, to enhance safety and mobility. We work closely with ophthalmologists, optometrists and other health care professionals, by providing essential care on a referral basis in homes, workplaces and communities across the country.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible schedules, and opportunities to grow.
For more information about Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, please visit visionlossrehab.ca or call 1-844-887-8572.
Date: November 12, 2021
Position Title: Registrar
Location: Hamilton, ON
I. Scope and Summary of Primary Responsibilities
In covering a broad range of duties, the emphasis of this position is to utilize the EVRR application to register clients, gather and record client information, and to assign client records to appropriate staff, ensuring EVRR workflow processes are adhered to.
This position provides functional expertise within the comprehensive provision of vision rehabilitation services, using the EVRR application within a matrix reporting structure.
II. Essential Functions
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Within a distinct geographic area, completes the Registration and Eye Information pages within EVRR.
- Assigns through EVRR the required Services and Interventions.
- Understands and able to provide information about CNIB services and resources.
- Flags urgent/critical situations to Supervisor or other designated staff.
- Ensures all client information is accurately entered into EVRR in a timely manner.
- Scans documents into EVRR, using naming convention standards.
- Updates client status in EVRR.
- Manages workload and EVRR caseload in effective and efficient manner.
- Verifying client’s eligibility for ID card and completing ID card pop-up when applicable.
- Provides administrative support to the managers and other team members as required.
- Provide back-up coverage to other registrars as required
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the team and other departments.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Utilizes established business rules, service standards and practices, and ensures policy and procedures are followed in a timely fashion.
- Participates in service evaluation and program planning processes as needed to maintain and improve service outcomes.
- Participates in a supportive team environment to meet the operational and team objectives.
- Works under the general direction of national/divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks.
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper-level approval.
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and demonstrates sound judgment in when to elevate issues to the next level.
- Committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Manages interaction and information for potential and active clients who request service.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proficient level of knowledge in the EVRR application, including the management of caseloads.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with vision loss.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Detail-oriented, with ability to enter data accurately.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and database management and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Knowledge of eye conditions and blindness prevention would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the psychosocial impact of vision loss would be an asset.
Experience and Education
- 3 years working experience within an administrative function.
- Proficient typing and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to Christine.Davidson@vlrehab.ca.
Be sure to include a resume, cover letter, and mention how you heard about this opportunity
VLRC is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive culture and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, candidates with disabilities, and candidates of colour. We strongly encourage applications from applicants with sight loss. Direct lived experience would be a definite asset. We're excited to review your application
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in VLRC, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Closing Date for Applications: November 19, 2021.